Do you want to create a custom page in WordPress?
In this article, I’ll show you how to easily create a custom page in WordPress, step by step.
our WordPress page will be long-lived information that doesn’t really change over time, and you’re just looked for a guide through how to create pages in WordPress. Here are the steps:
- First, you’ll need to be logged in to to create WordPress pages. Make sure you’ve done that.
- To create a new page in WordPress, you’ll want to navigate to “Pages > Add New” on your left-hand navigation pane from the WordPress administration area. The “Pages” subheading will list for you all of your existing WordPress pages. If you’re on that, it’ll also have an “Add New” button near the “Pages” page title at the top-left.
- If you’re on modern (WordPress 5.0 and above), you’ll just see a big white field and the words “Add title” at the center of your page. (For WordPress 4.9 and below, or WordPress with the “Classic Editor” plugin, you’ll see “Add New Page” at the top, followed by the “Enter title here” text.
- Name your post. This should just be something clear and useful to visitors. Like “Contact Us” if that’s the relevant title of the page.
- Write the post content. This step is really easy for me to say, but it may actually be the hardest part of how to create pages in WordPress. This shouldn’t be hard because the editor or technology doesn’t work. It’s just that writing good, clear, useful text is an art, and one that can take a lot of time to master.
- After writing, hit the “Publish” button in the top right to create your WordPress page. The exact button location, and how it’ll act when pressed will vary depending on your site version. But the next-step should be clear enough.
We hope this article helped you add a custom page in WordPress. If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Facebook.